Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Do you think the driving age should be 16 or 18?
I think it should be 17 but since I have choices that doesn't include 17 my next best would have to be 18. As shocking as it is for a teenagr to decide to wait a little longer, i believe it's necessary. I dont believe there is a magical change that happens at the age of 18. But I do believe there is a level of maturity required in other to drive. I also believe that it is unlikely that you will find it in a 16 year old driver. Driving is a responsability and a priviledge, and most people even 18 year old cannot graps that. When on the road your life is not the only one at risk but other lives as well. I feel a lot better driving even if I had to wait longer, knowing that someone mature or close to it is behind the wheels. I dont want to generalize that every 16 year old are immature, but unfortunately the majority of them are. I dont believe that 2 more years will cause any harm and if it might save a life, then I'll glady wait.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment